Saturday, April 18, 2009

guarded

Where is this heart?
Trodden and misplaced –
it is kept apart from those with sharp talons.
Gilded wings sweep it skyward,
Safe from the depths of this musty place.
Smoky and deceitful, smoldering illusion,
spider web tails
that give the impression of a home once coveted.
But the rays of truth
show favor.
The gods have made place for comfort.
Safe and separate from their world.
Its kept snuggly, like a faded photograph
in a locket
tucked beneath layers.
And like rungs on a ladder to climb
it is out of reach from your seeking hands
and soft quilted words that are wanton belief.
Like a majesty on her thrown –
arrogance cast down to your countenance.
safe at last
it beats weakly,
tied in crimson bows of time.

1 comment:

bobJuan said...

You poems are damn good.
i found you because you found me.
You don't need to publish this comment. I wanted to tell you about another blog I write:
http://theunteller.blogspot.com/
It's a bit more crazy.
also i am flattered that you follow mine. I an hoping to catch up with all your poetry soon.
my warmest regards,
bobJuan.